Types of Personal Information collected by The Gainers
“Personal information” (PI) – means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person including common identifiers such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier. We collect information about you and/or your usage to provide better services and offerings. The Personal Information that we collect, and how we collect it, depends upon how you interact with us. We collect the following categories of Personal Information in the following ways:
- name, email address, password, country, city, contact number and company/organization that you are associated with, when you sign up for alerts on the Platform.
- information that we require from you includes name, contact details including e-mail address and mobile number, when you register on the Platform.
- information about the services that you want to use and how you use them, when you are a user of the services through the Platform;
- we may collect your Personal Information such as name, age, contact details, preferences, etc. through surveys and forms, when you choose to participate in these surveys etc.;
- when you communicate with The Gainers or use the Platform to communicate with other Users (such as partners), we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide;
- when you use a device to access the Platform, The Gainers may collect technical or other related information from the device as well as the device location;
- To the extent permitted by law, The Gainers may record and monitor your communications with us to ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and our internal policies. This may include the recording of telephone conversations;
How The Gainers may use your Personal Information?
We will only use your personal data in a fair and reasonable manner, and where we have a lawful reason to do so.
Our use of your personal data depends on the purpose for which you interact with us. We may process your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Providing our services and products to you including to send you packages alerts, calendar alerts, relevant search results, recommended packages and/or instructors (as the case maybe), and other social media communication facilities.
- Protecting our Users and providing you with customer support.
- We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. When showing you tailored ads, we will not associate an identifier from cookies or similar technologies with sensitive categories, such as those based on race, religion, sexual orientation, or health.
- Improving the Platform and its content to provide better features and services.
- Conducting market research and surveys with the aim of improving our products and services.
- Sending you information about our products and services for marketing purposes and promotions.
- To the extent required for identity verification, government sanctions screening and due diligence checks.
- Establishing, exercising, or defending legal rights in connection with legal proceedings (including any prospective legal proceedings) and seeking professional or legal advice in relation to such legal proceedings.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our web pages utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about web-site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Platform.
The Basis/ Grounds which we rely on for collection and processing of your Personal Information:
Your Personal Information is collected and processed by The Gainers based on the following legal grounds depending upon the nature of Personal Information and the purposes for which it is processed.
- Consent: The Gainers relies on your consent to process your Personal Information in certain situations. If The Gainers requires your consent to collect and process certain Personal Information, as per the requirements under the applicable data protection laws, your consent is sought at the time of collection of your Personal Information and such processing will only be performed where consent is secured.
- Compliance with a legal obligation: Your Personal Information may be processed by The Gainers, to the extent that such processing is necessary to allow The Gainers to comply with a legal obligation. An example of this would be if The Gainers is required to disclose your Personal Information to respond to any order or if The Gainers is required to retain specific records for a fixed period to comply with requirements under any applicable law.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We restrict access to your Personal Information to employees who we believe reasonably need to know/or that information to fulfil their jobs to provide, operate, develop, or improve our packages or services.
The Gainers does not disclose, transfer, or share your Personal Information with others except with:
- Our affiliates and group companies to the extent required for our internal business and/or administrative purposes and/or general corporate operations and for provision of services.
- Third party service providers and marketing partners that The Gainers engages to a) provide services over the Platform on The Gainers ’s behalf; b) maintain the Platform and mailing lists; or c) communicate with you on The Gainers ’s behalf about offers relating to its products and/or services. The Gainers will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect your Personal Information and are also subject to appropriate confidentiality / non-disclosure obligations.
- Third party advertisers to display advertisements to you when you visit the Platform. The third-party advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stockbrokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies). These companies may use information about you and your visits to this Platform and other web sites to provide advertisements on this Platform.
The Gainers does not intend to transfer Personal Information without your consent to third parties who are not bound to act on The Gainers ‘s behalf unless such transfer is legally required.
If your Personal Information is transferred outside India, we take the necessary steps to protect your Personal Information in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Third Party Content:
The Gainers makes no representations or warranties regarding how your information is stored or used on third-party servers. We recommend that you review the applicable privacy statements and policies of each third-party site linked from the Platform to determine their use of your personal information.
Retention of Personal Information
Your Personal Information will not be retained by The Gainers any longer than it is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Information is processed and/or in accordance with legal, regulatory, contractual, or statutory obligations as applicable.
At the expiry of such periods, your Personal Information will be deleted or archived in compliance with applicable laws.
Controlling your personal information
You have the right to invoke your rights which are available to data principals or data subjects (as per applicable laws and regulations) in relation to your Personal Information which is being processed by The Gainers.
The Gainers provides you the ability to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date. If at any time you would like to a) rectify, update, or correct your Personal Information; b) obtain confirmation on whether your Personal Information is processed by it; c) access your Personal Information or exercise your right to data portability; or d) exercise your right to restrict the continuing disclosure of your Personal Information to any third party by The Gainers in certain circumstances. We will require you to provide a valid proof of your identity, to ensure that your rights are respected.
For the exercise of certain rights, you may be required to approach the relevant authority / designated officer as per the provisions of the applicable data protection laws/ The Gainers may in accordance with the provisions of applicable data protection laws, charge a fee for fulfilling your request, in case of excessive or manifestly unfounded request. Further you acknowledge that the abovementioned rights are not absolute and are subject to limitations as per the applicable data protection laws.
Confidentiality and Security
- The security and confidentiality of your Personal Information is important to us and The Gainers has invested significant resources to protect the safekeeping and confidentiality of your personal data. When using external service providers acting as processors, we require that they adhere to the same standards as The Gainers does. Regardless of where your Personal Information is transferred or stored, we take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal data is kept secure.
The Gainers operates channels, pages, and accounts on some social media sites to inform, assist and engage with customers. The Gainers monitors and records comments and posts made on these channels about itself to improve its products and services.
Please note that you must not communicate the following information to The Gainers through such social media sites:
– sensitive personal data including (i) special categories of personal data meaning any information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation and (ii) other sensitive personal data such as criminal convictions and offences and national identification number ; – Excessive, inappropriate, offensive or defamatory content. The Gainers is not responsible for any information posted on those sites other than the information posted by its employees on its behalf. The Gainers is only responsible for its own use of the Personal Information received through such sites.
The Gainers does not store any account related information or any credit / debit card details. The Gainers shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by Users because of any disclosure (inadvertent or otherwise) of any information concerning the User’s account, credit cards or debit cards during any online transactions or payments made for any products and/or services offered through the Platform.
In case any Personal Information is shared by you with The Gainers, which is not requested by The Gainers during registration, (whether mandatorily or optionally), The Gainers will not be liable for any information security breach or disclosure in relation to such information.
Data Protection Officer/ Grievance Officer
In case you have any complaints and/or grievances in relation to the processing of your Personal Information you can send your complaints via e-mail to our grievance officer: email@example.com